translate audio to lilypond

From: Malin Svenson
Subject: translate audio to lilypond
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:32:27 +0100

Hi, list.

I am very new to lilypond. I was looking for some kind of automated way to translate simple sound files to notation and I found this:

http://moguillansky.wordpress.com/2009/02/19/translating-audio-to-musical-notation/

there are some scores which were generated automatically and translated to lilypond from musicxml.

i tried the convert utility included in the last lilypond (2.12 on OSX intel) but it does not seem to handle dynamics at all, let alone note-sizes and microtones, as shown in the score.

does anyone know how this "translation" was done?

many thanks,

malin