Re: staffsize

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: staffsize
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:16:33 +0100

Strangely enough, the solution is to use the following strategy:

#(set-global-staff-size 13)
\book{
% Complete score

#(set-global-staff-size 20)
\book{
% Part 1

  /Mats

Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
Hi Lilyponders,

I'm trying to set up a score with a piece for 4 piano's.
I have made five \book {...} sections - one for the complete score and four for the individual piano parts - in one lilypond file. I prefer to have everything in one file. ( I hate getting lost between multiple edit windows on my computer screen. ) When I print I want a pdf with the complete score, and four pdf's for the individual scores - all from one Lilypond run.

Now what I want is to have a smaller staffsize for the complete score, and a normal staffsize for the individual parts for printing.

I have tried #(set-global-staff-size 13)
and this gives me the result I want for the complete score.

Then I tried
\layout {
#(layout-set-staff-size 13)
}
within the \book{\score{ .... }} section of the complete score. I expected to get the same result, but it looks ugly.

Apparently I have to tweak some additional things to make #(layout-set-staff-size 13) give exactly the same staffsize, spacings, and fontsizes as #(set-global-staff-size 13)

Can someone help me ?
I can post an example if my question is not clear.

Martin Tarenskeen

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering