Re: problem with installing frescobaldi

From: Till
Subject: Re: problem with installing frescobaldi
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:06:20 -0800 (PST)

Chris Snyder-5 wrote:

> Alternatively, I've been working on setting up an Ubuntu PPA (personal
> package archive) that contains Frescobaldi. While I have been told that
> Frescobaldi will likely be included in Ubuntu Jaunty, I'm planning to
> always have the most recent version available in this archive. I also
> provide the latest version of LilyPond (currently 2.12.1 - I haven't
> been able to get a 2.12.2 package to compile because of documentation
> issues that I believe are fixed in git), since LilyPond releases occur
> much more frequently than Ubuntu ones.
>
> You can access the PPA by going to the following address:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~csnyder/+archive/ppa
>
> That page also gives instructions for adding it to your sources.list.
>
> If anyone does use this archive, I'd appreciate feedback. Thanks.
>
> -Chris Snyder

Wow, this looks great, I tried also to compile some time ago but was not
willing to install all the compiling stuff for kde, since I have gnome. But
some kde4 libraries I can afford. Did you include all the correct
dependences? I will try it in the near future.
Thanks
Fun btw that lilypond is still considered to be "TeX"...

Till

-----