Re: dynamics below lyrics ?

From: Neil Thornock
Subject: Re: dynamics below lyrics ?
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:10:59 -0700

Well, first off, lyrics in vocal music always go above the staff.

But to do what you want, if I understand correctly, you must create a
new context just for dynamics to put below the lyrics.  The
piano-centered dynamics might help.  However, I recently did something
similar by attaching all dynamics to a staff with the following
overrides:

\override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(0 . 0)
\override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
\override Staff.Clef #'stencil = ##f
\override Staff.StaffSymbol #'Y-extent = #'(0 . 0)
\override Staff.Hairpin #'Y-extent = #'(-1 . 1)
\override Staff.DynamicText #'Y-extent  #'(-1 . 1)
\stopStaff

And then all the dynamics attached to spacers.  There may be better
ways of accomplishing this, but it worked quite well for me.