Re: Ossia in String Quartet

From: grisu_76
Subject: Re: Ossia in String Quartet
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:28:52 -0800 (PST)

Dear James,

my score is set up in the following way (see below): the first is a file
called "piece.ly", there I write the piece; if I compile the file "score.ly"
(see below), the ossia stands below the cello-line, not above the violin1.

regards, Christian

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%file "piece.ly"
\version "2.12.2"
\include "deutsch.ly"
global = {
        \time 2/2
        \key c \minor
}
ViolineEins = \new Voice {\relative c'{
                \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Violino primo "
                \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"violin"

g8 \p[(b g b)] << {g[(b g b )]}

                                        \new Staff \with {
                                          \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
                                          alignAboveContext = #"ViolineEins"
                                          fontSize = #-3
                                          \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space =
#(magstep -3)
                                          \override StaffSymbol #'thickness =
#(magstep -3)
                                          firstClef = ##f
                                        }
                                          {as8[(b as b)]}

                \bar "|."
                }}
%ViolineZwei, Viola, Cello in the same way
music = {
        <<
          \tag #'score \tag #' vn1 \new Staff { << \global \ViolineEins >> }
          \tag #'score \tag #' vn2 \new Staff { << \global \ViolineZwei >> }
          \tag #'score \tag #' vla \new Staff { << \global \Viola >> }
          \tag #'score \tag #' vlc \new Staff { << \global \Cello >> }

}
%%%% END OF FILE

This file produces the full score of the quartet:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% file "score.ly"
\include "piece.ly"
# (set-global-staff-size 14)
\score {
        \new StaffGroup \keepWithTag #'score \music
        \layout {}
        \midi {}
}

%%% END OF FILE