Naming output files

From: aabb
Subject: Naming output files
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:09:16 +0000

I'm using multiple \book{} blocks to create multiple output files from the same source (to create versions transposed in different keys). By default the second and subsequent books are named by adding suffix "-1", "-2", "-3", etc. to the file name. For example, with source file "song.ly" I would get output files:

song.pdf
song-1.pdf
song-2.pdf
etc.

Is there any way of changing this? Is there a command I can add to a \book{} block to specify the output file name, or the suffix to add to the base name. E.g. to get files names such as:

song-C.pdf
song-Eb.pdf
etc.

Thanks,