Re: "Orphaned pages"

From: Neil Thornock
Subject: Re: "Orphaned pages"
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:37:03 -0700

> Is there some reason that you don't use
> \paper {
>  ragged-last-bottom = ##f
> }
> ?

Yes... I've found that often the final page in such a score gets
cheated in the number of systems assigned to it.  So I may have 5
systems on all my other pages and only 3 on the last page.  That's
what I remember, anyway.  The dummy score for layout seems to invoke
different - and more consistent - routines.

But I'm perfectly happy with it.  I do wish it were easier to force
number of systems per page but let LilyPond take care of things like
spacing between systems, etc.

--
Neil Thornock, D.M.
Assistant Professor of Music