Re: Aligning lyrics when music portion is polyphonic

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Aligning lyrics when music portion is polyphonic
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:52:26 +0100

El 27.02.2009, a las 22:38, Alberto Simões escribió:

Hello

In a music I am transcribing there is a portion where I had to force two
voices with

Now my problem is that lyrics in that part of the music are not shown.

Is there any tweak to solve this issue?

Thank you
Alberto

Yes, do not use the <<{}\\{}>> construction. I realise that the Learning Manual still introduces this topic early on, but it should be taken care of soon. Instead, when you have polyphony, explicitly create the voices with << {\voiceOne }\new Voice {\voiceTwo}>> \oneVoice. See section 1.5.2 of the Notation Reference for more information.