Re: Aligning lyrics when music portion is polyphonic

From: madMuze
Subject: Re: Aligning lyrics when music portion is polyphonic
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:57:18 -0800 (PST)

>Side note: wouldn't it be possible to make <<{}\\{}>> an abbreviation to
>this? It is easier to write and remind.

I have these three entries in my definitions file:
vSpl = #(define-music-function (parser location vOne vTwo) (ly:music?
ly:music?)
        #{ << { \voiceOne $vOne } \new Voice { \voiceTwo $vTwo } >> \oneVoice
#})
vSplDn = #(define-music-function (parser location vTwo vFour) (ly:music?
ly:music?)
        #{ << { \voiceTwo $vTwo } \new Voice { \voiceFour $vFour } >> \voiceTwo
#})
vSplUp = #(define-music-function (parser location vOne vThree) (ly:music?
ly:music?)
        #{ << { \voiceOne $vOne } \new Voice { \voiceThree $vThree } >>
\voiceOne
#})

Most of the time I use "\vSpl { e'4 } { c4 }" (and I'm just lazy enough to
have a macro in LPTool type it out for me and put the cursor inside the
first set of braces); occasionally I need them both down or up (sometimes
with \override Staff.NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t for a chord or
two). Perhaps someone has a more elegant solution?

David