Re: Movement numbers

From: Marek Klein
Subject: Re: Movement numbers
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:13:09 +0100

Hello,
would this snippet help you?
<http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=310>

--
Marek Klein
http://gregoriana.sk

2009/3/2 Joseph Wakeling <address@hidden>
Hello all,

What are people's thoughts on how to place movement numbers in a piece?

Each movement will of course have its own score{} context.  The obvious
choice is to use piece="I" in the associated header{}, but this prints
in the wrong place -- on the left-hand-side -- and is clearly intended
instead for the kind of movement names such as 'Cavatina', 'Overtura'
etc. as in a Beethoven string quartet score I have to hand, which appear
on the left-hand-side above the tempo instructions.

On the other hand, subtitle="I" doesn't work inside a header{} that is
inside the score{} context.

I can redefine the scoreTitleMarkup structure to get 'piece' to display
as I wish, but movement numbers displayed centre-aligned at the top of
the score are such a common feature that I can't help feeling that I
must be missing something.  Am I ... ?

Thanks & best wishes,

   -- Joe