Re: Multiple repeats

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: Multiple repeats
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 08:35:45 +1000

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Kees,

OK, let me rephrase (and this time in the right list, sorry): is the way to indicate a 4 times repeated set of bars "\repeat volta 4 {notes}", followed by a manual annotation
indicating "repeat 4 times"  or is there a better method?

As far as I know, that's the best Lily-method.
On a side note, as a conductor/performer, I would much prefer to see "play 4x" (if that's what you want) or "play 5x" (if you truly mean "repeat 4 times") — always strive for clarity. =)

That's right -- if a passage is played twice, it's only _repeated_ once.