Re: LilyPond 2.12 and emacs on Ubuntu

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.12 and emacs on Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 07:08:05 -0500

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM, David Stocker <address@hidden> wrote:
Ralph,

If you haven't already tried it, have a look at this short, sweet walkthrough for setting up lilypond-mode for emacs:

http://www.geoffhorton.com/lilymacs.html

Actually, following the above instructions turned out to be the problem. When I undid all my changes, Emacs stopped giving me an error.

Ralph Palmer wrote:
When I try either M-x lilypond-mode or M-x lilypond, emacs replies that it can't find the mode.

       Ralph Palmer wrote:

           Hi -

           I'm an intermediate lilyponder and a novice penguinista. I
           have Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) mounted on an older
           laptop. I successfully removed the LilyPond version that
           came with the Ubuntu package, and installed 2.12 (although
           I thought the documentation would come with the
           installation package, and it doesn't seem to be anywhere
           on the machine). Prior to this, I'd been working on an XP
           machine and using ConText to edit my .ly files; I liked
           it, but it's not available for Linux (yet). I've had some
           experience with Emacs, and I'd like to use it for
           LilyPond.

--
Ralph Palmer
Montague City, MA