Re: Forcing markup to be IN the staff

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Forcing markup to be IN the staff
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 08:17:41 -0500

Hi Mats (et al),

It would certainly not have been obvious to me that this has anything to do with repeats, if I didn't know that that's the syntax used in LilyPond. Certainly, it's related to repeating something, but I would be surprised if you could find it in any music notation handbook if you searched for repeats. (Actually, I will go home and check the two notation handbooks
I have in my book shelf, to see what they call it).

It's the very first example in the Repeats section of my "Essential Dictionary of Music Notation".
=)

Kieren.