Re: Forcing markup to be IN the staff

From: aliteralmind
Subject: Re: Forcing markup to be IN the staff
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 06:13:38 -0800 (PST)

Valentin Villenave wrote:

> You have to know that we just have been spending about 18 months
> reorganizing the docs, and we did put a lot of thoughts (and
> arguments) into this process, to say the least.
>
> I would have thought that the first place to look at would be the manual:
> Musical Notation -> Repeats -> Short repeats

I am a musician, but I'm a singer, not a writer, and I've been away from
music for a while, so I'm rusty. Not to mention, I'm regretting more and
more every day that I did not pay attention in my theory classes! So I did
not consider this problem as related to the official term "repeat", which is
why I did not look it up that way.

But, touche, Valentin. Point taken. Sorry to bad-mouth such a wonderful (and
FREE) project. I'm just overwhelmed with all the information in front of me.
I haven't been around LilyPond long enough to know how far the docs have
come.

You gotta admit, it's a crazy amount of information for a newbie to sift
through, even one that has some musical training.