Re: Editorial Annotation

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Editorial Annotation
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 22:51:42 +0000

2009/2/25 grisu_76 <address@hidden>:

> Hi James,
>
> thanks for reply, you're right, without the center-align, it works;  - as
> for I am a newbee,  I copied these lines form the notation reference manual
> (I adapted the esample form the parenthesised dynamics).

If you're attaching the trill to a note, you can parenthesize it
without having to mess around with markup; all that's needed is an
adjustment to the font-size of the parentheses (since they default to
font-size = -6), then insert \parentheses between the note and the
trill (don't forget the hyphen):

\relative c' {
  \once \override ParenthesesItem #'font-size = #0
  c1-\parenthesize \trill
}

Regards,
Neil