Re: Again: stemBoth problem

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Again: stemBoth problem
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:10:01 +0100

2009/3/5 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng <address@hidden>:
> I don't
> want to assign two separate voices with plenty of confusing spacer notes.

> \relative c' {
>   \stemUp c8(^"I" d e f g a b c | <d d>)(_"II" \stemDown c b a g f e d | c1)
> }

Unfortunately, I'm afraid the only proper way to do it is to use
spacer notes. At least, that is what do anywhere I have such things
(yes, it is a bit painful to write, but the result is so perfect that
I never regret having spent time typing it).

The only other way I could see would be to write a function that
automatically turns the other voice into spacer notes (without having
to type it again, I mean). But I'm not sure it's worth it (anyway, I
haven't felt the need for such a function when typesetting my
400-pages opera).

Regards,
Valentin