Re: glissando up from no note to a note

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: glissando up from no note to a note
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 21:59:36 -0600

On 3/9/09 9:50 PM, "Chip" <address@hidden> wrote:

> \book { \score { << \new Staff = "trumpeta" \with { \remove
> Instrument_name_engraver } \trumpeta >> \header {piece="Trumpet 1"} \layout {
> indent = 0\mm} } }

Why do you use << >> around a single staff?  I don't know that it's giving
you any problems, but it's certainly not necessary.  And I find that
arbitrary simultaneous constructs sometimes cause spurious results.

I recommend that you only use << >> when you need to have two (or more)
things happen simultaneously; that is not the case in any of these \score
blocks.

Carl