Re: a:4 chord

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: a:4 chord
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:04:59 +1000

Miklos Vajna wrote:
Hi,

First, sorry if this was already discussed, I did not found anything
regarding this in the documentation.

So I have the following block in my .ly file:

\chords {
        a:7
}

and this is properly rendered to something similar to "A^7".

Now I want the same with A^4, so I type:

\chords {
        a:4
}

and I get: A^4/sus4/add3.

Question: How do I get just an "A^4"? :)

Thanks.

Just use a chord name exception -- it looks like a lot of setting up, but it's well worth it, and only needs to be done once. You can also put this kind of thing in a separate file and \include it.

----------------------------------

\version "2.12.2"

% modify suspended 4th chords
% Exception music is chords with markups
chExceptionMusic = {
 <c e f>1-\markup { \super 4 }
 }

% Convert music to list and prepend to existing exceptions.
chExceptions = #( append
 ( sequential-music-to-chord-exceptions chExceptionMusic #t)
 ignatzekExceptions)

theMusic = \chordmode {
 a1:4
 \set chordNameExceptions = #chExceptions
 a1:4
}

<<
   \context ChordNames \theMusic