Re: Parametric variables?

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Parametric variables?
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:56:28 -0600

Tomas,

You were very close.  You were just missing a pair of brackets, which I've
indicated below.

On 3/14/09 10:10 AM, "Tomas Valusek" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> thanks for answer. I tried my best, but I don't understand what's wrong.
>   I have slightly modified last example in NR 6.1.2 like this:
>
> fng = #(define-music-function (parser location marktext) (string?)
> #{ \markup {\finger $marktext}
   ^  The lilypond music expression needs to start with a #{
> #})
   ^  and end with a #}.  You were missing the { and }, you only had
the # characters.

> {<c' d'>1^\fng #"2\n1"}
>

> I don't understand anything from it. How to modify my file so that it
> works as expected?

However, this still doesn't work as expected, at least for me.  the \n
doesn't add a newline in the markup on my compiler.  It just turns into
whitespace.

HTH,

Carl