Re: Spliting lyrics on beamed notes

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Spliting lyrics on beamed notes
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:58:42 -0500

Alberto Simões wrote:
Hello

By default Lilypond is considering that beamed notes are used for the
same syllable. While that is used in many cases (most, in fact), I am
dealing with a specific music where I want a different syllable for each
note.

Strange, I've never known Lilypond to do this. The only time it puts one syllable over more than one note for me is when the notes are slurred together. If I run the following code, for example, it has one note per syllable and the 8th note are all beamed together:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.12.2"

\relative c' { c8 d e f g2 }
\addlyrics { do re mi fa sol }

If you run this code and it doesn't put one note per syllable, perhaps you could respond with more info, such as what version you're running and a sample of code that doesn't behave properly. As far as I've seen the default behavior is to put one note per syllable unless notes are slurred or unless melismas are specified some other way.

Best,

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp