Re: Persian fonts

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Persian fonts
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 00:40:01 +0100

On 15 Mar 2009, at 22:04, Valentin Villenave wrote:

"you can just put it in the same directory as your source file, and add

 #(ly:font-config-add-directory "./")

 before loading your font."
I'm really sorry but this is not clear for a newbie like me, where is my
source file?

I meant your .ly file :-)

This solution, although experimental, seems a lot simpler than the
whole discussion about installing fonts -- if I may :-)

Not really, unless you want to redistribute the font with the .ly sources. If installed system-wide, all program gets access to it (for example, could be used in input sources). But if you only back up your home-directory, it may have to be re-installed if you need to make a new system installation.

  Hans