Lilypond on Ubuntu

From: Craig Bakalian
Subject: Lilypond on Ubuntu
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:48:22 -0400

Hi,

I am confused about the installation procedure for getting Lilypond on Ubuntu.  I just bought a laptop at a yard sale for 30 USD.  It is a compaq presario 2100.  Ubuntu cannot drive the modem so I cannot download directly to the laptop.  So, I will download to an iMac and burn a CD.  The big question is what do I put on the CD and how do I get it to install on to the amazing 30 dollar laptop?
Also, what is the correct download from the Ubuntu list.  I am running Ubuntu 8.04 which is called Hardy, I think...?
You know things are bad in the economy when you can buy a laptop for 30 dollars at a yard sale!

Craig Bakalian
560 Keswick Drive
Yardley, PA 19067
215-428-0856