Re: \remove has removed clefs-

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: \remove has removed clefs-
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 07:19:38 -0400

    Jay> version 2.10.25
    Jay> included in \context { \Staff
    Jay>  \remove "Bar_engraver"
    Jay>  \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
    Jay>  \override Stem #'transparent = ##t

    Jay> this has the effect of removing all the clefs from everywhere
    Jay> except the very first system of the piece.  How can I stop
    Jay> this?  I think I understand that if there are no bar lines
    Jay> there is no new system but this seems odd.

Is there a reason why you're removing the bar engraver rather than
just setting the default bar type to empty?  If you remove it, you
won't be able to do repeats or nice end bars, either.

What I do for music without bars (but in my case, with a time
signature) is:

\set Score.defaultBarType = "empty"

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary.

Brendan Behan (1923 - 1964)