Re: Dynamic voices in polyphonic music - how?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Dynamic voices in polyphonic music - how?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:32:57 +0100

2009/3/17 Florian Hollerweger <address@hidden>:
> But making a voice "(dis)appear" equals using skips, right? Or is there a
> way of saying (at the coding level, not only the layout level), my third
> voice starts in bar 34 and ends in bar 42, and I don't wanna bother entering
> skips for before and after that?

Yes, there is a way. You can start a \new Voice = "nameOfTheVoice" {
music... } wherever you want, nested into another expression.

<<

{ c'4 d' e'

\new Voice = "newVoice" { f'4 }

g' f' e' d' }

\new Lyrics \lyricsto "newVoice" { New }

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)

The incredible carnival of Badajoz
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pacovila/tags/carnaval/show/