Re: cross-staff voice indication

From: Florian Hollerweger
Subject: Re: cross-staff voice indication
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 23:28:37 +0000

Hi,

I'm not letting go just yet, though. I have a 4-part-piano fugue situation here where at one spot, the "alto" voice switches to the "tenor" position and the "soprano" takes the thus vacant place of the "alto" (obviously a new "soprano" voice is introduced at the same spot as well)

I would like to indicate the latter change with a line as well, but that change does not cause a switch of that voice between _staves_ (only its "position" within the right-hand-staff).

Valentin Villenave wrote:
> Actually, it's the opposite: followVoice or showStaffSwitch only work
> at a Voice level.

The "followVoice" thing sounds already promising, but I can't get find anything useful in the documentation. If this can still be done without a dirty hack, then I'll have to open a bottle of champagne!

Any ideas?

best,
flo.H