Re: cross-staff voice indication

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: cross-staff voice indication
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 01:50:39 +0100

2009/3/19 Florian Hollerweger <address@hidden>:
> I would like to indicate the latter change with a line as well, but that
> change does not cause a switch of that voice between _staves_ (only its
> "position" within the right-hand-staff).

The voice-following lines are really not meant to go *inside* the staff.

The only way I can think of would be to draw a glissando (and possibly
use \stemDown and \stemUp to give the illusion that the voices are
different).

\relative c' {
       << { \stemDown c2 \glissando \stemUp c' }
       \\
       {\stemUp a \stemDown d,} >>
}

> The "followVoice" thing sounds already promising, but I can't get find
> anything useful in the documentation. If this can still be done without a
> dirty hack, then I'll have to open a bottle of champagne!

Actually, showStaffSwitch is a shorthand for setting the followVoice
property (so there is no difference).

Regards,
Valentin