Re: a:4 chord

From: Luc Saffre
Subject: Re: a:4 chord
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 08:48:28 +0200

On 15.03.2009 2:04, M Watts wrote:
> Miklos Vajna wrote:
>> Now I want the same with A^4, so I type:
>>
>> \chords {
>>         a:4
>> }
>>
>> and I get: A^4/sus4/add3.
>>
>> Question: How do I get just an "A^4"? :)
>
> Just use a chord name exception -- it looks like a lot of setting up,
> but it's well worth it, and only needs to be done once.  You can also
> put this kind of thing in a separate file and \include it.

Can somebody explain what's the difference between printing "A^sus4" and
"A^4"? I had only basic music education but am helping with publishing a
songbook using Lilypond, and I thought that the difference is not
important. But now I'm afraid I'm wrong and that I'll have to check some
songs again. Is that right?

Luc