Re: smaller distance between first Staff and TimeSig

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: smaller distance between first Staff and TimeSig
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:52:40 -0400

Hi Stefan,

Because I have too many bar changes in the score

There is no limit to the number of bar changes in my method.

and too many other things in the Time-Sig, like ritarrdando, etc.

Those should be in a global variable as MetronomeMark (or at least RehearsalMark), so that you can have them appear at the top of each system (but not every staff) automatically.

Or is it maybee possible too hide the Staff, but not too hide the TimeSignature?

Yes, although I don't think you need to do that (from what I've seen of your score so far).

I don't know, how to do it in the below quoted example:

It's not clear to me why you have a separate Staff context without any notes in it -- perhaps you're trying to do this:

%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.12.1"

\layout
{
        \context { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext }
        \context { \Score \override TimeSignature #'style = #'() }
        \context { \Staff \override TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f }
}

noten = \relative
{
        c2 c4 d
        e4 d e
        f1 \break
        d4 c d
        e1
        e4 f g a
        g f e2
}

global =
{
        \repeat "unfold" 2 { \time 4/4 s1 \time 3/4 s2. }
        \time 4/4 s1*3
}

\score
{
        \new Staff \with
        {
                \revert TimeSignature #'stencil
                \override TimeSignature #'font-size = #3
                \override TimeSignature #'X-extent = #'(0 . 0)
                \override TimeSignature #'Y-offset = #6
                \override TimeSignature #'break-align-symbol = #'staff-bar
\override TimeSignature #'X-offset: = #ly:self-alignment- interface::x-aligned-on-self
                \override TimeSignature #'self-alignment-X = #CENTER
                \override TimeSignature #'break-visibility =
#end-of-line-invisible
        }
        << \global \noten  >>
}