Re: default margins

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: default margins
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:25:13 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Carl D. Sorensen <address@hidden> writes
It would seem to me that it would be better to set maximum-line-width and
minimum-line-width properties.   This would then allow the LilyPond spacing
engine to try adjusting line-width between those limits to see if it could
get better spacing.

And by setting maximum-line-width and minimum-line-width to the same values,
you would have exactly the current behavior.

Just one thing ... isn't the right margin just what's left after you add left margin and line width? So altering the line width will alter the right margin but leave the left untouched :-(

Maybe we should keep line-width and add "line-width-tolerance - +" which will grab HALF the adjustment from the left margin.

Otherwise will we need to rewrite all the margin code?

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden