Re: New lilypond-based music website

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: New lilypond-based music website
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:20:22 +0000

Hello, Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> On Freitag, 20. März 2009 22:32:50 Alberto Simões wrote:
>> Hello
>
>> For the last days I am working on a new Portuguese web-site.
>> It is available at http://musica-liturgica.net/, and includes Portuguese
>> liturgical music.
>
> Nice!
> I took a quick look at some of the scores. Is there any reason why you put
> the
> dynamic signs below the staff for vocal voices? E.g. in
> http://musica-liturgica.net/pdf.pl/2.pdf
> the f in the first system and the p in the last system are below the staff,
> which makes the lyrics further away from the staff than necessary. With vocal
> music the dynamics are typically placed above the staff for this very
> reason... Makes the layout a lot nicer.

For the moment I tried to mimic the original document I had on my hands.
But after transcribing the 30 musics available I think I should forget
some of those details, and focus on readability.

So, probably I will reformat older documents.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Cheers
Alberto
--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                 Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal