Re: repeat a set of measures (A to B) later on in the score

From: Kees van den Doel
Subject: Re: repeat a set of measures (A to B) later on in the score
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 22:19:05 -0700

I just put in the rehearsal marks (\mark \markup{\box A}  etc. where needed)
and when AB is to repeated I just write it on the staff:

\staffText "AB" g2 s4 \bar "|."

g2 is the note that I replace with "AB", and staffText is defined as:

staffText = #(define-music-function (parser location marktext)
                                    (string?)
#{
  \once \override NoteHead  #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
  \once \override NoteHead #'text = #(markup #:whiteout $marktext )
  \once \override Stem  #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
  \once \override Stem #'text = ""
#})

Kees