Command switch based on Lily version?

From: MonAmiPierrot
Subject: Command switch based on Lily version?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 08:06:52 -0700 (PDT)

I need to write some music to be understood by Lilypond 2.10 but I want to
include some commands which are brand new in 2.12, in a manner that if  I
run 2.12 they are already present (and work). How can I tell Lilypond to
ignore a line if it's version is older, and viceversa?
It seems to be very simple...
thanks
H.

-----
Piero Faustini, PhD student
Dipartimento di Scienze Storiche
Sezione musicologia
Università di Ferrara

Software used:
- LyX 1.6.1 on WinXP; EndNote & JabRef
- MikTex
- LaTeX class: Koma book
- Lilypond and MusixTeX for example excerpts
- BibLaTeX for bibliographies