Re: Adding \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Tenor II" \text cancels \set timing

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Adding \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Tenor II" \text cancels \set timing
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:23:50 +0100

Am 22.03.2009 um 17:36 schrieb Jay Hamilton:
>> However when I add \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Tenor II" \text
>> to the layout, I get the text but suddenly the stems are back on
>> the noteheads. Don't understand how to have both text and no stems.
>> Ideas?  Pointers?  Thanks

I don't quite understand why you were attempting this the way you were, but here are three possible solutions: The first makes all changes at the score level, as far as I know, this method yields the fastest processing, but applies to everything in the score. The second makes all changes when the context is initiated, can be applied or not to individual staves. The third makes all changes as they occur in the music, this offers the most flexibility in terms of starting and stopping these kinds of changes, but as I understand it, has the slowest processing time.

\version "2.12.2"

TenorTwo = \relative c' {
        \clef "G_8"
        c h a g
        f e d c
}
TenorTwoText = \lyricmode {
        Ceh Hah Ah Geh
        Eff Eh Deh Ceh
}

TenorOne = \relative c \context Voice = "Tenor I" {
        \clef "G_8"
        \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil = ##f
        \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
        \override Voice.Stem #'stencil = ##f
        c d e f
        g a h c
}
TenorOneText = \lyricmode {
        Ceh Deh Eh Eff
        Geh Ah Hah Ceh
}

\score {
        <<
                \new Staff \new Voice = "Tenor II" \TenorTwo
                \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Tenor II" \TenorTwoText

        \layout {
                \context {
                        \Staff
                        \remove Bar_engraver
                        \remove Time_signature_engraver
                }
                \context {
                        \Voice
                        \remove Stem_engraver

\score {
        <<
                \new Staff \with {
                        \remove Bar_engraver
                        \remove Time_signature_engraver
                }
                \new Voice = "Tenor II" \with {
                        \remove Stem_engraver
                }
                \TenorTwo
                \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Tenor II" \TenorTwoText

}

\score {
        <<
                \new Staff \TenorOne
                \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Tenor I" \TenorOneText