Re: Command switch based on Lily version?

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Command switch based on Lily version?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 19:00:21 -0600

On 3/22/09 6:26 PM, "MonAmiPierrot" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks Peter, but it seems I didn't explain myself:
> what I need is sometihng like this (the syntax is invented: I don't know
> scheme] directly IN lily files:
>
> LilyVers = [Get lilypond version: "2.10" or "2.12"]
> IF LilyVers = "2.10" THEN Notes = {c d e} ELSE Notes = {c^\newMarkupCommand
> d\newCommand e\newStuff }
> \score { \Notes }
>
> It's very simple, I'm sure is much more simple than at first glance.

In my last mail, I sent some code that would do this.

But I think this is a *bad* idea.  I think code that is written for both
version 2.10 and version 2.12 will be virtually unmaintainable.  What
happens when we get to version 2.14 in a few months?

I think you should pick a version and write for it.  And then, if you want
to change versions, you should use convert-ly.

HTH,

Carl