Re: TrillSpanner edge-text

From: Benjamin Smedberg
Subject: Re: TrillSpanner edge-text
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:31:46 -0400

On 3/23/09 10:06 AM, Graham Percival wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:01:58AM -0400, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
>> Has edge-text changed since that example was written against 2.10?
>
> Yes; please see the News document for 2.12.

Do you mean this?

"All line spanners are more flexible now in the configuration of their end
points. This includes glissando, voice followers, text crescendos and other
text spanners. The old syntax for setting text on line spanners is no longer
valid."

If so, is there an example of the right way to change the text associated
with a trill? I looked at the sample linked from the web:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/topdocs/d7/lily-9dd9d64f.ly

And tried something similar:

\override TrillSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = \markup { }

But I get a non-fatal "programming error: Grob property path should be list
of symbols" and the "tr" mark is still there.

Lilypond is very powerful, but trying to figure out how all the objects and
properties fit together is really difficult!

--BDS