Re: Text/markup attached to bracket

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Text/markup attached to bracket
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:42:23 -0500

Graham Percival wrote:
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 02:15:13PM +0000, Stuart Pullinger wrote:
Seems that I can't create exactly what I drew by hacking other
bracket/spanner types in Lilypond. I need some sort of bracket that can
start and stop on the same note and support nesting.

Nah; you just need multiple voices.  And a complete lack of shame.

I am proud to present my submission towards the Outstandingly Ugly
Hack of the Month (OUHM -- Valentin, this should be a regular
feature of the Report ;)

A genius idea and a most tremendous hack!  Nicely done!!

Read on and weep.  If you have small children, you may want to
avert their eyes from the mailist for the next few emails in this
thread.

Haha!

Jon
--