Re: Help for paper about LilyPond and WYSIWYM sofware

From: Mike Blackstock
Subject: Re: Help for paper about LilyPond and WYSIWYM sofware
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:09:41 -0400

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:20 PM, MonAmiPierrot <address@hidden> wrote:

Did anyone write something about LilyPond and the WYSIWYM “philosophy”?

Bits and pieces are out there.

I think the best of both worlds is possible - the Lililypond  .ly text file approach and a WYSIWYG kindof GUI built on top of that, and I'm  on a kind of sabbatical working on a WYSIWYG Web interface for Lilypond, with a lot of AJAX and JSON as the mechanism for storage of the gui parts. I make my living (or used to up till recently) as a sysadmin and have had to deploy every new technology that's come along; usually learning just enough to get it up-and-running for the client and staying one or two steps ahead - then, on to something else. I wanted to take the time and look into this stuff in detail, which is what I've been doing and the possibilities are really exciting I think.

Anyway, Lilypond's the way to go. Will have some kindof demo ready at some point in the next few months. Trying to get financing so I can do it fuull-time - we all know THAT story ;)

Cheers,
Mike