Re: fermata below the barline

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: fermata below the barline
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:05:47 -0500

Hajo Dezelski wrote:
Hello,

is there a way to position the fermata below the barline?

I only found :
\mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" }
And
Such objects are only typeset above the top staff of the score;

Hajo

You can set the direction of the RehearsalMark object:

   \override Score.RehearsalMark #'direction = #DOWN

You must then also change "ufermata" to "dfermata". I didn't even realize that ufermata meant up fermata until I saw it underneath the staff, still pointed in the same direction as it would be above the staff. I tried "dfermata" for down fermata and it worked. :)

   \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.dfermata" }

This is the snippet that gave me the clues:

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=402

HTH,

Jon
--