Re: lilypond-book setup for windows

From: Andrew Hawryluk
Subject: Re: lilypond-book setup for windows
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:05:29 -0600

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Hajo Dezelski <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> now, that I have all relevant scores coded with lilypond I want to put
> together all my notes in an analytical, didatical orientated "book"
> with scores and a lot of referential incipts, themes, excerpts etc.
> And the only way I can do this in a timely manner seems to be with
> lilypond-book.
>
> Until now I gathered all my notes etc. in a personal-wiki, but this
> concept of a "Zettelkasten" (slip box?) is not working for a
> structured approach for learning material. I have to do that step by
> step.
>
> Until now I have not worked with Latex, Tex, Docbook...  So my question:
>
> Are there recommondations for an integrated editorial environment
> using lilypond-book on a windows machine which is easy to use ? I know
> I have to learn some coding  but I dont want to dig the next year into
> the internals of TEX to layout a text properly.
>
> I like the clear format of the lilypond-documentation. Would that be a
> starting point and when yes: How could this be done without using
> dreamweaver ;-)
>
> As always thanks in advance for your time and help
>
> Hajo
>
> ---
> ... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn

Ha, I was half way through writing this when Carl answered, but I'll
still send it.

What final output do you want? If you want publication-quality PDF
output, LaTeX is your best bet (http://miktex.org/ for windows), and
there are several editors that could be helpful:
http://www.texniccenter.org/
http://www.winedt.com/
http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/
http://www.latexeditor.org/

The LilyPond documentation is written in texinfo, which is processed
to produce both the PDF and HTML versions.

On the other hand, writing in plain HTML is a reasonable option if you
only want web output.

Andrew