Re: mixing notehead styles in chords

From: Tao Cumplido
Subject: Re: mixing notehead styles in chords
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:59:42 +0100

> Actually, isn't this the normal case for pretty much every European
> language except English?

I think it's true only for German and Scandinavian languages.
Maybe they also use it in Poland, etc., not sure though.
In Dutch it's definitely not used, although they name their notes the same as
Germans in any other way.
Well, and the souther countries use the solmization system to name their notes.

> Being English it feels weird to me, but presumably it's second nature to
> the continentals :-)

Well, although I've grown up using H instead of B I don't like to use it
anymore because it doesn't make sense at all. ;)
I prefer much the Dutch way, since it's so similar but hasn't got this minor
error.
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a