Re: odd configure error

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: odd configure error
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:15:18 +0800

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 02:31:21PM -0700, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> Let's say remote master has changed in the meantime, and you want to
> create a new patch rebased on current master:
>
> cd lilypond
> git checkout master
> git pull
> git checkout mybranch
> git rebase master
> git format-patch master

Err... isn't that more complicated than
cd lilypond
git pull origin
... edit...
git format-patch origin

?  I'd take a complicated setup followed by one-line updates over
a simple setup followed by three-line updates any day.

I'm still amazed at git.  Simple things should be simple.  I can
teach people how to use svn in 15 minutes.  But to do the
equivalent of "svn update, svn add, svn ci"  in git takes... well,
I don't know how long we've spent discussing it, but it's way more
than 15 minutes!

Cheers,
- Graham