Re: Bug? Lines disappear with rhythmic staff

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: Bug? Lines disappear with rhythmic staff
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:12:58 +1000

Trevor Daniels wrote:

Peter Chubb wrote Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:44 AM

That's right.  I want no lines on the stave for the RhythmicStaff, but
I do want lines for the Staff context, and no StaffGroup bracket.

The OP didn't say so -- one is not a mind reader ;)

Peter

Have you tried setting 'line-count of StaffSymbol to 0
rather than removing Staff_symbol_engraver?

Trevor

Indeed, adding \override StaffSymbol #'line-count = #0 to the RythmicStaff's layout block immediately has things looking better -- but that left a ridiculously tall bar line at the end of the main staff.

I tried taking the StaffGroup out altogether, as you don't need a StaffGroup bracket, which seems to "work fine" this time.

----------
\version "2.12.2"
recscore=  {
   \context RhythmicStaff = "tambour" {
     \override NoteHead   #'style = #'cross
     \stemUp
   f4 f8 f8  \bar "|."

 lower = \context Staff = "recA" {
     \clef "G8"
     a''2
     \bar "|."
   }
\score {
   <<
   \recscore
   \lower

\layout {
   \context{ \RhythmicStaff
         \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
%          \remove "Staff_symbol_engraver"
         \remove "Clef_engraver"
%          \remove "Bar_engraver"
         \consists "Instrument_name_engraver"
\override BarLine #'transparent = ##t \override StaffSymbol #'line-count = #0
       }
   \context{ \Staff
         \remove "Time_signature_engraver"