Re: lilypond-book setup for windows

From: Hajo Dezelski
Subject: Re: lilypond-book setup for windows
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 13:13:59 +0100

Hello,

thanks for the input.

After some hours of working with latex and several editors on windows
and mac I decided to take the easy road: OpenOffice with the
OOoLilypond Macro. It works not always as I thought, but with time I
will find some workarounds.

Three reasons for the decision:

1. When I write a text I want to focus on the contents. I dont want to
see all these formating tags. It is for me also much harder to proof
read the text.

2. I am used to work with strongly structured contents.So I will
develop my stylesheet and stick to it. It will be similar to the
Lilypond-documentation.

3. Most importent: I have the possibility to export the notation and
the text to pdf, html and xml. So when there is a need, I can switch
back to LaTex.

By the way this is for me the easiest way to produce incipits for my wiki.

Thanks again

Hajo

---
... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn