Re: cannot find property type-check for `no-spacing-rods'

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: cannot find property type-check for `no-spacing-rods'
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:26:28 -0400

Hi Anthony,

Oops - just found my code that's doing it - but I copied it from
somewhere and don't understand what it's doing or why ...

tempoMark = #(define-music-function (parser location markp) (string?)
#{
\once \override Score . RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #left
        \once \override Score . RehearsalMark #'no-spacing-rods = ##t
        \mark \markup { \small \bold $markp }
#})

That looks like my old (pre-recent-MetronomeMark improvements) function/macro for making tempo indications...

And the error makes it look like it might be a bug in lily anyway, but I
don't want to say that because I've been wrong too often - is the code
looking for something called "type-check" that should be there and isn't?

No... it's just indicating that this old code needs updating.
Actually, it should be replaced entirely by a MetronomeMark-based function -- I've got a couple that I will be submitting to LSR soon.

Hope this helps,
Kieren.