Re: Looking for proper beam grouping

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Looking for proper beam grouping
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 11:12:53 +0800

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 08:38:08PM +0000, Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
> In message <address@hidden>, Trevor
> Daniels <address@hidden> writes
>>
>> You'll be pleased to know the revert will not be required
>> at all in 2.13.1 to obtain this beaming.
>>
> It works fine now. But (as others have mentioned) why not in 2.12.3?
> imho it's a bug, and as such ought to be fixed.

Due to limited resources, we're finished with 2.12.  The next
stable version, 2.14, will probably be out in 4-6 months.

If you don't like this, then please volunteer to spend 10 hours a
week backporting things to 2.12, plus something like 100 hours
learning git, the lilypond build process, testing lilypond builds,
etc.

And no, I'm not going to revisit this decision by people whining.

Cheers,
- Graham