Re: Transpose

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Transpose
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 06:19:09 -0600

On 3/30/09 5:07 AM, "Ossie Wilson Snr" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Good evening David and Francisco
>
> I tried the snippet in my Ly file but there was no change to the pdf file
> output. There were no errors flagged in the Log file ­ just a record of
> straight-forward processing.
>
> I then tried the snippet example but using English notation for the notes
> involved and there was an error about the ( prior to the Olet¹ and no output.
>
> I have attached the Ly file with the snippet definition in it (I possibly have
> placed it incorrectly) for your perusal as David requested.
>
> Thanks for your interest.

I don't know if the snippet will work with 2.8.6 or not. [1]  But in your
.ly file you define a music function naturalizeMusic, but you never call it.

It would normally be called by something like

\naturalizeMusic {
  \transpose g ds {
     \melodytwo

I haven't compiled your file to see if this works or not, but I would expect
it to.

Hope this helps,

Carl Sorensen

1. Is there a reason why you need to use LilyPond 2.8.6?  I'd recommend
switching to 2.12.