Re: download versie 2.12

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: download versie 2.12
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 21:33:22 +0800

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 04:51:36PM -0300, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> It would be trivial, but as the md5sums would be autogenerated, so it
> does not buy any protection against anything.

I wouldn't say that.  It would provide notification of a botched
download (if anybody checks it), or notification of a very
sophisicated man-in-the-middle attack whereby somebody attempts to
hack a system by modifying lilypond tarballs.  In order to gain a
local-user account.

Hey, I didn't claim that it would provide any **useful**
protection, just that it could theoretically protect against
something.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham