Re: invisible slurs in tablature

From: Grammostola Rosea
Subject: Re: invisible slurs in tablature
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:31:47 +0200

Marc Hohl wrote:
Grammostola Rosea schrieb:

Btw it's time to make tablature with invisible Ties, Slurs, Dots, Stems etc. default imo.

I don't know whether this should be the default, but it should be archieved with a simple
command, like \tabNumbersOnly (which isn't defined yet).

Marc
I agree, all though I'm thinking the other way around:

\tabNumbers

Uh no that is not what I meant. I meant that I rather have to set things on instead of off... So as I see it now, default is \tabNumersOnly and if you want to add stems etc there is a command for it.

A command to set all such features (stems, dots, Tie etc.) on, would be nice maybe?

\tabSignsAll   (or something like that)

\r

I don't know how to make the stems and such disappear by default, but
using a simple command
isn't that much effort. I have attached my tablature.ly which allows to
switch between the "normal" and
the "numbers only" settings. Both versions feature a modern tab clef. I
don't know whether the
time signature should disappear by default, but I use the NumbersOnly
settings only when a normal
staff and a tab staff are displayed together.

Comments, improvements etc. are welcome!

Marc
Thanks for your work Marc! :)

Maybe some lily devs can discuss how to make it default and make it possible to add things (dots, stems etc.).

I tested it a bit and it seems to work ok. I don't know if articulations etc belongs in tab too?

for example:

\version "2.12.2"
\include "tablature.ly"

tab = {
  \time 3/4
  c4. d-_( e\varcoda)
  ->f g~ a\prall g\thumb e-. f-. g-.
  \times 3/4 { b~ c d c }
}

\score {
     \new TabStaff = "guitar numbers only" { \tabNumbersOnly  \tab }
}

\score {
     \new TabStaff = "guitar full tab" { \tabNumbersAndStems \tab }