Re: Multiple scores with common layout setup

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: Multiple scores with common layout setup
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 11:33:31 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Helge Kruse
<address@hidden> writes
>Hello,
>
>I have a "Theme and Variations" questions. I started notating a piece
>what could be handled with (3.1.2 "Multiple scores in a book", see also
>http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=310). But I need a lot of layout setup in
>the PianoStaff, that is bound to the \score. Further I would like to write
>the Upper, Lower and Dynamics of the three variations in a similar way as
>I did for the theme.
>
>What is a convinient way to continue this notation work? I would like to
>avoid duplicating text group by copy and paste.
>
>Any other suggestions are welcome.

If it's all the same code, just bung it in a \include!

If it's similar code, look at using tags.

I create parts as separate files and an awful lot of my stuff is in
includes. For example, all the piece information for the header is in an
include and the part file contains

\header {
        instrument = ...
\include header.ly