Re: Review of Valentin's Opera

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Review of Valentin's Opera
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 21:27:32 +0200

Le 1 avr. 09 à 19:55, Jonathan Kulp a écrit :

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hello, all!
LilyPond scores are used for real, serious stuff.
This gets me to thinking... the website should have a section listing recent productions & performances which used Lilypond scores!
What does everyone think?

Genius idea.  Nicolas, are they using your engraving for Armide?

Yes they are. I had no feedback on the score (typos, layout problems...), nor from the Swedish ensemble that used it two years ago, so I don't know
what the score is really worth, but it seems to serve them well.

Houston is about a four-hour drive from my house. Maybe I'll go over there for it. :) Tickets will be expensive, though, if it's the Houston Grand Opera. :( Who's doing the production?

It's in the Cullen Theatre of Wortham Center, the ensemble is called
Mercury Baroque: <http://www.mercurybaroque.org/02/02109.aspx>

Oh boy, I see what you meant about the price with Houston Grand Opera...
do people at least get Champagne and caviar for a 250$ seat?

nicolas